You are currently viewing 3 persons Electrocuted in Bath Village, Nevis

3 persons Electrocuted in Bath Village, Nevis

The VONNEWSLINE received reports of three (3) residents of Bath Village being Electrocuted.


Further reports by police indicate that there was one fatality, 46-year-old Judy Williams-Hanley succumbed to injuries she sustained.


This is said to have occurred at 5:05 a.m. on Thursday, November 5th, 2020. The local District Medical Officer arrived on the scene and pronounced her dead.


Of the additional two persons that were electrocuted, one is confirmed to be hospitalized.


The cause of the electrocutions were confirmed to be due to a live wire from one of the nearby electrical poles making contact with one of the victim’s residential gate, and upon contact the individuals were shocked.


The electricians from the Nevis Electricity Company Limited (NEVLEC) were also at the scene to terminate the live wire.